Saturday, December 31, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday

Friday already?  I've been so caught up in completing 'When a Soldier Cries', the week disappeared on me. Here are my admittedly hasty hundred words. Enjoy my take on the image, then be sure to treat yourself to the other FFF participant's alternate interpretations by following this link to Flasher Fiction Friday.



Carina’s hand gripped his. “I might let you win,” Joel lied, grinning. “I like to watch while Claudio drives you senseless with his talented tongue.”
“I hate to lose,” Carina warned him. Her smile faded as she strained to press his hand to the table. “I hate a liar more.”
Joel ‘s knuckles rapped against the rough plank tabletop. His heart pounded; wanting out of the closet. Fear of rejection was a howling banshee inside his skull, clenching fast to freedom’s key.
“You can’t trust me, but you still want me?” Carina spat. “Claudio’s honest about his bisexuality. You lose.”


14 comments :

  1. Oh that was an awesome post! Fear of rejection was a howling banshee inside his skull, clenching fast to freedom’s key. <-- That one sentence had me like damn. So beautifully worded. Good stuff Eden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (bow) Thank you, Yvonne! Sometimes, working on a deadline kicks my muse in the butt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice FFF post, Eden. Always nice to see the girls kick some butt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Howling banshee inside his skull"....FANTASTIC LINE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eden, I love how in such as short amount of words you wove such complexity!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it Eden. You did a lot with a little. Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I love strong women!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the emotion. She's calling him on his bisexuality. Made me what to know what happens next. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the twist on that. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this girl! Chicks with attitude rule.
    Fantastic post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yvonne is spot on - "Fear of rejection was a howling banshee inside his skull, clenching fast to freedom’s key." Oh wow, that is a great line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome post Eden. I don't know how I missed you my bad!

    ReplyDelete