Sunday, June 3, 2012

Self-Doubt ~ Sunday Snippets




Welcome! This is my first week participating in Sunday Snippets. I hope you enjoy this selection from my current work in progress, Wildly Inappropriate, an interracial romance that's the second title in my upcoming series, those Devilish De Marco Men. The first title, Soft Sounds of Pleasure will be released Saturday, June 9th, by Silver Publishing. 

(unedited)
Cynda longed to be anything other than what she was. A young, black, unemployed woman in the South had no standing, no power at all, she felt. She ached to be more to Daniel than a sex toy, but she had no idea how she might make that happen. It seemed to her she had a lot in common with that damn peach his grandfather had developed—tasty, but with too much downside. She didn’t conform enough to fit into his world, but neither was she unique enough to have some chance at making him take that risk. So, other than the fact that ten police vehicles had her car blocked in, why was she still here?

Thanks for dropping in, and please visit the other 
participating authors , by visiting the Official Sunday Snippet sign-up link, on the Red Lipstick Diaries blog.





2 comments :

  1. Oh boy, oh boy...another one to add to my list for future purchases. I hope this one is available to buy soon, because it's going to kill me if I have to wait too long! The perfect follow up to Soft Sounds of Pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete